Sunday 15 July 2012

Ghost Recon - Future Soldier


I am a fan of the stealth shooter games, they are very few in numbers but I do like this type of gameplay a lot. When I picked up future soldier I thought to myself this was just another third person shooter with very little to offer in terms of something new. But I was wrong the minute I started playing it. Don't get me wrong it's not the best game out there but I give credit to it for trying to give us something new.

In Future Soldier you get to play as one of the team member of a special military outfit known as GHOSTS. These are soldiers who are highly optimized to be stealthy about their operations. This gives us a new perception  about a shooting game. New dimensions are opened because we have to choose a pretty different approach to a mission from the action hero style of shooters that we are used to.  This provides for interesting gameplay and a new tactical approach to the art of war. The level of customization of weapons is another great aspect. The sheer amount of detail that has gone into this is really astounding. You get to customize each and very part of a gun which I really miss in today's shooters. These customizations are not a gimmick because they do make a difference in the gameplay.

This game has it's shares of lag and another thing that I did not like about it was the very basic menu system. It is bland and really awful to look at. The game itself looks stunning and as all shooters takes place all over the world. So you get a chance to get really different scenery and locales. One huge complaint from my side is that this game has no story. Believe me there is a very generic story that goes along but it is so boring for me that I skipped most of it and went straight to gameplay. I always like it when we have if not a thrilling, at least an interesting story line because it adds a lot of value to the game as a whole. When you connect with the characters and understand their cause pulling the trigger feels more rewarding. So in this instance the game falls flat.

Overall it's a good game and a refreshing change from the run of the mill shooters out there, I say give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment